This recipe is so simple it seems a bit of a cheat putting it up here for a recipe but hopefully it will be of use to someone out there. This is how I make fruit flavoured yoghurts for my little ones. Like I say you can use any yoghurt or fromage frias as the base as long as it has no added sugar and is whole. I used Goat's yoghurt.
- Whole yoghurt of your choice- full tub
- 1/2 cup of defrosted frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsps of juice from the frozen strawberries
- Take some frozen strawberries out of the freezer and defrost over night in a food bag
- When the strawberries have defrosted drain off the juice and keep back
- Mash the strawberries in a bowl with a fork- they should be nice and mushy-this is why it works best with defrosted frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit
- Mix the mashed fruit in with the yoghurt
- Add 2 tbsps of the retained juice to the yoghurt- done!
*You can subsitute strawberries for any other frozen fruit but you get the best juice off berries
This will keep in an air tight container for as long as the yoghurt would on it's own- usually 3-5 days in the fridge.